The Royal Ransomware gang, known for amassing around $275 million in 2022, is set to release a new ransomware variant, prompting law enforcement agencies to intensify their efforts to combat it.
This new variant is the fourth iteration linked to the Royal Ransomware lineage, joining the ranks of Blackmatter, Hunters International, and NoEscape.
Despite the efforts of law enforcement agencies, cybercriminal groups continue to proliferate and showcase increased levels of sophistication.
To combat ransomware attacks, it is recommended to refrain from paying ransoms and instead focus on recovering data from secure backups. However, challenges arise with double extortion tactics where hackers threaten to release or sell stolen data.
Encrypting stored data and reporting incidents to law enforcement are crucial preventive measures in combating cyber threats.
Collaboration with law enforcement agencies is essential in tracking and prosecuting cybercriminals effectively.
1. The Royal Ransomware gang is set to release a new variant, prompting increased efforts from law enforcement agencies.
2. Law enforcement agencies have been collaborating globally to combat cybercriminal organizations.
3. Despite efforts, cybercriminal groups continue to proliferate and become more sophisticated.
4. Preventive measures such as encrypting data and reporting incidents to law enforcement are crucial in combating cyber threats.
5. Collaboration with law enforcement agencies is essential in effectively tracking and prosecuting cybercriminals.