1. BlackSuit is a cybercriminal group responsible for ransomware attacks, including breaches at schools in Georgia and a zoo in Tampa Bay.
2. They recently targeted DePauw University, accessing a limited amount of data on specific individuals.
3. BlackSuit is believed to be a rebranding of the Royal and Conti ransomware groups.
4. They encrypt files, change desktop wallpaper, and leave a ransom note.
5. The decision to pay the ransom is difficult, as it encourages attackers but not paying may result in the release of sensitive information.
6. It is crucial to have hardened defenses in place and follow mitigation guidance provided by the FBI and CISA to protect against ransomware attacks.