During the holiday season, cybercriminals take advantage of the hustle and bustle to target shoppers and travelers. It’s important to stay vigilant and take precautions to protect your devices and personal information. Firstly, never leave your phone, tablet, or computer unattended and always lock your device when you step away. If possible, ask a trusted friend or family member to keep an eye on your device. Secondly, be cautious of public Wi-Fi networks. Disable the option to automatically connect to Wi-Fi and manually choose safe networks. Avoid connecting to random hotspots. Thirdly, only install software and apps from verified sources such as the App Store or Google Play. Be cautious of unfamiliar apps and read reviews before downloading. Additionally, verify links and ads before clicking on them. Stick to reputable sources and use your browser to navigate to official websites. Lastly, be cautious of email attachments, especially those claiming to be from retailers or postal services. Contact the retailer directly to verify the legitimacy of the email before opening any attachments. Stay alert and don’t let cybercriminals ruin your holiday plans.
1. Secure your devices when they are not in use and never leave them unattended.
2. Beware of public Wi-Fi networks and manually choose safe networks.
3. Only install software and apps from verified sources.
4. Verify links and ads before clicking on them and stick to reputable sources.
5. Be cautious of email attachments and contact the retailer directly to verify their legitimacy.