The potential for misuse and accidental data exposure in the context of Large Language Models (LLM) and Generative AI technologies like ChatGPT is a concern for businesses. Recent incidents, such as Samsung’s sensitive data leak, highlight the need for careful handling of information when using AI tools.
Cybersecurity challenges associated with AI are on the rise, as evidenced by the fact that 90% of cyber-attacks start with phishing and more than 40% of emails pose a threat to businesses. Generative AI models can be exploited to create highly deceptive phishing emails and even ransomware. Additionally, the emergence of deep fakes and DeepPhish techniques enables scammers to mimic voices and generate phishing emails that closely resemble genuine communications.
The spread of generative AI also poses a serious threat to critical infrastructure and government agencies. Authoritarian states are increasingly using spear phishing attacks to compromise supply security, gather intelligence, and steal cryptocurrencies. Businesses and governments need to act quickly to protect their employees and citizens from this new wave of AI-supported cyberattacks.
To defend against the malicious use of generative AI, businesses should prioritize strong cybersecurity practices. This includes making informed decisions about the usage of AI, investing in cybersecurity infrastructure and tools, and implementing employee cybersecurity training. Simulated spear phishing attacks can help educate staff on identifying potential threats and taking appropriate action.
– The potential for misuse and accidental data exposure in LLM and Generative AI technologies is a concern for businesses.
– Cybersecurity challenges associated with AI include the creation of deceptive phishing emails and ransomware.
– Deep fakes and DeepPhish techniques enable scammers to generate phishing emails that closely resemble genuine communications.
– Generative AI poses a threat to critical infrastructure and government agencies.
– To defend against malicious use of generative AI, businesses should prioritize strong cybersecurity practices, including employee training.