A new species of pygmy squid has been discovered, marking the 18th anniversary of the popular Friday Squid Blogging series. The two species, Ryukyuan pygmy squid (Idiosepius kijimuna) and Hannan’s pygmy squid (Kodama jujutsu), have been named after Japanese forest fairies. Interestingly, the discovery of Hannan’s pygmy squid represents the identification of an entirely new genus. The first squid blog post was made on January 6, 2006, and since then, these weekly posts have continued to provide intriguing information about the world of squid. This particular blog post also invites readers to discuss any security stories that have not been covered. The article concludes with links to the author’s blog posting guidelines and information about the date and time of the post.
1. A new species of pygmy squid, Ryukyuan pygmy squid and Hannan’s pygmy squid, has been discovered.
2. Hannan’s pygmy squid represents the identification of a new genus.
3. The Friday Squid Blogging series is celebrating its 18th anniversary.
4. The first squid blog post was made on January 6, 2006, and weekly posts have continued since then.
5. Readers are encouraged to discuss security stories not covered in the blog post.