Manufacturers are rapidly investing in modernizing their businesses through technologies such as 5G and IoT. With this inevitable convergence of OT and IT systems, it is important to recognize the cyber risks associated with this transformation. Zero Trust is one of the most promising ways to reduce the risk of cyber attacks, and it should be owned by business stakeholders in order to ensure success. Zero Trust combines endpoint security technology, user or system authentication, and network security enforcement to prevent unrestrained access and reduce the risk of lateral movement by attackers. Solutions such as ZTNA 2.0 can help apply more effective controls at the application level, while also requiring business stakeholder collaboration to ensure successful implementation.
• Manufacturers are rapidly investing in modernizing their businesses through 5G and IoT
• Cybercriminals are targeting industrial control systems, and cyber risk must be managed
• Zero Trust is a promising way to reduce the risk of cyber attacks
• Zero Trust should be owned by business stakeholders for successful implementation
• Solutions such as ZTNA 2.0 can help apply more effective controls at the application level