The Conference on Applied Machine Learning in Information Security (CAMLIS) is an annual event held in Arlington, Virginia, aimed at exploring the intersection of Machine Learning and cybersecurity. It brings together professionals from academia, research institutions, and the information security industry to collaborate and share their expertise.
Sophos X-Ops, a strong advocate for open research and knowledge exchange, recognizes the significance of ML-Sec in protecting customers’ systems. CAMLIS plays a crucial role in Sophos AI team’s strategy by connecting them to cutting-edge research in this field. It also provides a platform for showcasing and sharing their own research, encouraging collaboration with fellow professionals.
CAMLIS offers an excellent opportunity for researchers and engineers at Sophos AI to engage with counterparts from other security companies and academic research laboratories. Through networking and discussions, they can explore the future of AI in cybersecurity and collaborate on addressing common challenges.
The conference features presentations and poster sessions that highlight the latest advancements in the ML-Sec domain. This year, special sessions are dedicated to Threat Hunting, Infrastructure for ML-Sec, and Large Language models, which have gained significant attention in the Machine Learning community.
Notably, three researchers from Sophos AI will be delivering talks at CAMLIS. Tamas Voros will present their research on addressing the Web Content Filtering challenge through the distillation of Large Language Models. Adarsh Kyadige will discuss benchmarking efforts to assess the capabilities of Large Language Models in Cybersecurity. Ben Gelman will showcase their development of a tool for generating scam campaigns using AI models.
Sophos AI plans to publish reports on their benchmarking efforts and AI-driven scam campaign research soon.
– CAMLIS is an annual conference focused on the convergence of Machine Learning and cybersecurity.
– Sophos X-Ops recognizes the importance of ML-Sec and actively participates in CAMLIS to stay connected with cutting-edge research.
– CAMLIS provides a platform for showcasing and sharing Sophos AI’s research, fostering collaboration with professionals in the field.
– The conference facilitates networking and discussions on the future of AI in cybersecurity.
– CAMLIS features presentations and poster sessions highlighting advancements in ML-Sec, including Threat Hunting, Infrastructure for ML-Sec, and Large Language models.
– Three researchers from Sophos AI will deliver talks on topics such as Web Content Filtering, benchmarking Large Language Models, and AI-driven scam campaign generation.
– Sophos AI plans to publish reports on their research efforts in the near future.