Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology has raised concerns about privacy due to the rapid proliferation of Deep Fake Tech on online platforms. Sam Altman, Chief of ChatGPT, acknowledges these concerns and proposes a solution to address them. Altman believes that the responsibility lies with individuals who use these evolving technologies, rather than blaming the technology itself.
Recently, a scanning device called ‘WorldCoin’ has been deployed in various locations, capturing iris scans to create a unique digital record known as the ‘World ID’. This serves as an anonymous passcode and digital passport for authentication into related crypto wallets, services, and applications. Users are rewarded with cryptocurrency tokens for participating. However, privacy advocates express concerns about these practices and criticize the innovative ‘Orb’ introduced by Altman, which replaces pictures with codes.
Altman claims that this technology will reshape the US Economy by leveraging machine learning tools and even proposes using it as a voter ID in elections. While AI technology holds immense potential, it is crucial to strike a balance between innovation and safeguarding users’ privacy. Addressing privacy concerns and ensuring transparent usage of such technologies will be essential for their responsible and ethical integration into various aspects of modern life.
1. AI technology has raised privacy concerns due to the proliferation of Deep Fake Tech.
2. Sam Altman, Chief of ChatGPT, acknowledges these concerns and emphasizes individual responsibility.
3. ‘WorldCoin’ scanning device captures iris scans to create a unique digital record known as the ‘World ID’.
4. Privacy advocates express concerns about the dystopian practices introduced by Altman and the innovative ‘Orb’.
5. Altman believes this technology will reshape the US Economy and proposes using it as a voter ID.
6. Balancing innovation and safeguarding users’ privacy is crucial for responsible integration of AI technology.